BIO SOFT & BIO SOFT PLUS
The Bio Soft & Bio Soft Plus insoles have been designed for superior shock attenuation and comfort while still offering moderate biomechanical control. They are an excellent choice for older patients, the “At Risk Foot” and those who require more shock absorption.
- Dual-density polyurethane – this material is more resistant to “compression set” than EVA which means it lasts longer and doesn’t bottom out.
- Soft spot under the metatarsals = forefoot cushioning
- Soft spot under the heel = plantar heel cushioning
- Deep heel cup = increased calcaneal support
- Contoured arch = supports the sustentaculum tali
- Bio-Soft has a wipeable polyurethane top cover = excellent for patients with ulcer dressings.
- Bio-Soft Plus has a memory foam top cover = excellent for pressure dissipation.
- Diabetic Patients
- Rheumatoid patients
- Patients with Adult Acquired Flatfoot or end stage Tibialis Posterior Dysfunction.
- Patients who stand all day for work
- Sports Patients who need extra shock attenuation.
- Patients with Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome.
- Patients with Plantar Heel Pain
- Older patients with reduced range of motion.
- A contributing factor of Plantar Heel Pain is compression from ground reaction forces and the effect this has on the fat pad. Bio-Soft Plus is a great way to combat compressive forces because of its memory foam top cover & shock attenuating calcaneal soft spot.
- There is some evidence that shock attenuation is one of the best preventions for Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome. For patients who run or walk any distance (recreational leisure, army personnel, policemen, firemen…etc…), Bio-Soft alone may help to reduce symptoms caused by a lack of shock absorption.